Sugar Free Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream

Chez Misty heard I wanted to try my hand at making a dairy free, sugar free ice cream and offered to let me borrow her Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. She said it makes 1.5 quarts in 20 minutes without the use of ice or salt. Oh, boy. I’m in.

I perused the web for a good recipe and found two I liked and then combined them to make my own. You know, Kathleen fashion. And you know what?  It worked this time. And better yet, I can actually remember what I did.  Ha, ha, ha. See, I do have talent. Smile.

Sugar Free Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream

2 cans of coconut milk
4 eggs
4 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
4 TBSP Xylitol
8 drops stevia liquid

Mix in your food processor. Chill for a few hours in refrigerator. Don’t want to wait several hours? Try placing your bowl of yumminess into an ice bath until it’s cold.

Now start your Cuisinart and dump in your chilled mixture. Wait 20-30 minutes. And Voila! You have ice cream that is seriously creamy and delicious. The great thing about this ice cream maker is that it has a hole at the top for taste tests. You know, who doesn’t want to sample the ice cream while it’s being made? By the time it was finished, I was stuffed.

I hear that Costco carries this Cuisinart for a mere $29.99. Oh, yes, I will be hitting you up, mom, for a trip to Costco. I need one. Smile.

This entry was posted in Food, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Sugar Free Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream

1. Dawna says:

Why did you want dairy free? Looks yummy!

2. Rachel says:

That looks soooo good!

3. joan porter says:

And to Costco we will go! Oh to be able to eat sugar free ice cream. That’s heaven!

Oh, and it is Rach. You’ll need to give it go. You won’t be soorrrryyyy.

I’m still dairy free mostly. I can have kefir and plain yogurt but haven’t moved onto actual milk yet. Some day.

6. Heather says:

I’m quite ignorant about ice creams, but the 4 eggs? No cooking, right? Just mix, chill, and freeze in machine? Just making sure. Not used to eating raw eggs but willing to give a try if no one else has had problems. Looks amazingly delicious!

Yeah, Heather, raw eggs. I’ve eaten 2 batches of ice cream this way and no poisoning. 🙂 The great thing about your eggs is that you know where they came from and that they are fresh. So, go for it.

By the way, did you know you don’t have to refrigerate your fresh eggs. My friend who has a chicken farm, doesn’t refrigerate hers. She takes them from the coop to the counter. Amazing. She says that if you do refrigerate them, then you don’t want to take them out and set on the counter.

8. Pingback: Crispy Nuts « Providence Farms

9. Pingback: ‘Peanut’ Butter Frosty – Sugar & Dairy Free « Providence Farms

10. Pingback: Sugar Free Chocolate Chips « Providence Farms

11. Pingback: Grain Free Rice | Providence Farms

12. Hi Kathleen,
    Thanks for stopping by Whole Intentions and sharing your link to this delicious looking ice cream. I’m glad you’re going to give my candida-safe vanilla ice cream a try. I’m loving the looks of this one, and since stevia has become my best friend I’m going to have to try it!

Having a blast perusing your blog. Thanks so much for stopping over!

Paula

Paula,
    Oh, I hope you really like it. My birthday is this weekend and I have every intention of making your ice cream and pouring some stevia sweetened hot fudge sauce all over it. I’ll let you know how it goes. And by the way, I love your blog. I’m going to have to spend some more time since I see you’ve got some great ACD stuff. We girls gotta stick together! Ooo. Which reminds me, you gotta try the custard I just posted. If you like custard, this is delish.